Durham Fascias & Soffits
Upvc fascias and soffits in Durham are low maintenance unlike wooden boards that normally require painting or varnishing every few years at a cost. Replacement fascias and soffits can improve the overall appearance of a property and add protection against birds. Upvc boards are normally guaranteed against discolouring, cracking and warping and profile guarantees can range from around 10-20 years.
Getting out a few roofing companies to quote on replacing any rotten fascias, soffits, guttering and down pipes gives the customer the chance to compare quotes and ask any questions they may have.
It's quite common for people to receive upto 3 quotes to compare the different prices and the work on offer. The price of a clad over may be more appealing than the price of Durham replacement fascias and soffits, however time may prove that covering over the wood was nothing more than false economy.
The work involved when receiving a full replacement roofline normally includes:
- Full removal and disposal of any old fascias and soffits.
- Replacement fascias, soffits, guttering and downpipes (any asbestos may incur an additional charge.)
- Rotten felt ends cut back and replaced (where necessary.)
- Ventilation system installed (over fascia or soffit ventilation.)
- Bird guards (if possible) offering protection against birds, bats and squirrels.
A clad over would only hide any existing problems.
The cost of Durham replacement fascias and soffits is normally worked out per metre. Various colours including; white, cream, rosewood, black, black ash and honey oak are available normally at an additional cost to white. An extra charge is expected if any traditional scaffolding in required to install any fascias and soffits to those hard to reach areas over conservatories and extensions etc.